Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Credit where credit is due

I'm the first to complain about South West Trains, so let me be the first to praise them today. I went down to Woking station and there was a skeleton service running to Waterloo, stopping at various places along the way. I got a seat, and it only took me 40 minutes to get to Waterloo. And on the way back, I only had to wait 10 minutes at Waterloo for a train back to Woking. It stopped at a couple more places, so took a bit longer, but I really didn't care because

1) It was neat looking out of the window at the snowy landscapes of Surrey and

2) Because the train had power sockets in Second Class so I was able to work all the way home. Excellent. I got a lot done and had a pleasant journey.

If I could get a comfy seat and a power socket every time I take the train into London, I would get twice as much done in an average week.

In the future, everyone will be famous to fifteen people.
[posted with ecto]

No comments:

ShareThis