Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rail, rain, ran

Picked a stupid day for my first attempt at riding my government-subsidised bicycle to work. I rode it to Woking in the rain, when I was late, locked it up in the town centre (where I saw a CCTV camera, so I assumed that was the best place to leave it) and then ran (well, jogged) up to the station to get on a train into London. I didn't realise that the good people of South West Trains have thoughtfully provided a bike rack inside the station itself, so next time I'll bring the bike in and lock it up there. Once again, I couldn't help noticing that it was less effort than I had been imagining: Taxpayer's money is clearly powering my pedalling.

In the future, everyone will be famous to fifteen people.
[posted with ecto]

1 comment:

Amanda Castleman said...

I once had a bike nicked from under an Oxford CCTV camera on High Street. "Oh that one didn't contain any film," Thames Valley's finest confessed. "And even if it did, we wouldn't bother playing it back for your cycle."

My nifty 12-quid-per-annum bike insurance took the edge off, happily...

Amanda (relurked now)

ShareThis