Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Longest night

I was woken up in the middle of the night by howling wind, rain lashing against the windows and water splashing from a broken gutter on to the driveway. At first I was puzzled, since I didn't think that there was monsoon season in Britain any more, but then I remembered: it's nothing to do with global warming, it's the strange cosmic impact of Wimbledon, which starts tomorrow. Better get the raincoat for work tomorrow.

When I was woken, I was dreaming that the government had come up with a mental scheme to pay for comfortably-off middle class people like me to buy really fancy bikes and have them funded by the taxes of those on minimum wage. But when I woke up it turned out to be true, so like everyone else at work I've bought an expensive bike. I fully intend to attempt to ride it to work at some point in the future.

In the future, everyone will be famous to fifteen people.
[posted with ecto]

3 comments:

Oz said...

Hey, I've recently returned to the lovely Surrey since being at University. I was looking for a D&D group in the Woking/Guildford area, and noticed that you mentioned it in a previous post.

Is there any chance that you know of groups in this area, or are in a group with space for another player?

If you're scared of me being an axe-murderer, I can happily meet up for coffee for you or others to "judge" me. ^_^ Cafe Americano does amazing bagels. ^_^

Cayce Pollard said...

http://wikimapia.org/6056731/Guildford_Comics_Games

Oz said...

Unfortunately, they are closing down. :-(

Thank you for the help, though! I'll continue my search.

ShareThis