Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Over at the O2

I forgot to mention, I saw the artist currently known as Prince at the O2 Arena. I wouldn't say I am a particular fan of the purple pop pixie, but it was a very enjoyable show, especially as we were in Row F on his side, so we were 10 metres away from him, and some of songs worked great live. You don't have to be a fan to admire the talent and watching him play Purple Rain close up was great. Seeing someone who can play, compose, sing, dance and entertain with genuine charisma made for a terrific night out. During one of the instrumental breaks from the brass section (who I thought were excellent), one of the players said something along the lines of "this isn't a computer, this is real musicians playing real music". Quite.

In the future, everyone will be famous to fifteen people.
[posted with ecto]

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

ShareThis