Search This Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2008

What next? Talking pictures!!

I notice that one of my simultaneously favourite/least favourite programmes is on tonight. For some unfathomable reason, I watch Question Time (usually on the web at the weekend) to give myself a sense of what the nation (well, BBC-style metropolitan liberals) think about the issues of the day. It's a pretty boring programme, largely because you can predict both the questions and the answers with almost 100% certainty. But you do now and then hear something surprising. I heard the ridiculous Dame Shirley Williams -- a second-rate politician from an era best forgotten -- posit that the brutality in modern British society may be due to the influence of "horror comics". Seriously. Still, at least she didn't blame the interweb.

In the future, everyone will be famous to fifteen people.
[posted with ecto]

No comments:

ShareThis