Search This Blog

Thursday, October 04, 2007

How the other half lived

What a pleasant couple of days. I've been down at Elvetham, in deepest Hampshire. Now this is living. The grounds are vast and beautiful, the Victorian pile in the middle is massive, you can't see hoi polloi with a telescope. Once upon-a-time it belonged to the Seymour (as in Jane Seymour) family: cool. Since it's been so lovely and sunny and I've been ambling around chatting with people outside, I can confirm that this is a more pleasant place to spend the day than, say, Woking town centre, which is where I am going later on.

Here was the view during my morning stroll. I imagine the peasants are keeping discreetly out of site behind hedges and things.

Elvetham landscape

In the future, everyone will be famous to fifteen people.
[posted with ecto]

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

ShareThis