Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Demonstrating a Latin temper

I had to take the train today. Hence my unrestrained admiration for the Argentinian commuters who undertook a more robust complaints procedure than is typical in this corner of Surrey. We just tut and fill out a useless form. They smashed windows, set fire to a ticket sales area, looted shops and ripped payphones from walls.

South West Trains drive me insane

At Woking station this morning, both ticket windows were shut and one of the two ticket machines was out of order, so there was a queue of people stretching out into the street and -- naturally -- I missed the fast train and had to get the next one stopping at Weybridge and such places. At times like that, I wish the people of Woking would occasionally display a bit more of a Latin temper. Although, I have to say, in Woking the phrase Latin temper generally means "futue te ipsum".

In the future, everyone will be famous to fifteen people.
[posted with ecto]

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

GreatSheElephant said...

if you knew what Argentinian trains were like you'd thank your lucky stars for Woking.

Anyhow, I'd riot if I were stuck at Constitucion. It makes Kings Cross look like Chelsea. Stop rioting for a second and stand still and you'll be mugged and maybe murdered.

ShareThis